Updated August 29, 2012
Help your children learn about the Fourth of July with these free unit studies:
- Simple Schooling Fourth of July Freebies -Two printable unit studies. A 25 page unit for younger children consisting of the events leading up to the Revolutionary War, patriotic songs, the Declaration of Independence, and an explanation of the Great Seal plus a 17 page unit packed full of details that the older kids need to think critically about the subject. Available until Sunday July 4th, 2010. This offer has expired.
- Independence Day: Holiday Study Series -A brief, but informative study about Independence Day. Included in this unit: information and fact page about Independence Day, illustration/coloring page, questions worksheet, facts copywork, basic blank copywork page with photo/illustration, suggested vocabulary words including definitions, blank vocabulary cards, vocabulary word search, and suggested websites. Grades 1-5. Please note: This offer is no longer free, but can be purchased for $1.00.
- 4th of July Montessori Unit Study -Links for a complete unit study on the 4th of July. These PreK and K-10 links will lead you to articles, hands-on activities and other exercises that are compatible with the Montessori classified reading cards, grammar, creative writing, art, social studies and other extensive lesson plans.
More Free Resources For Learning About The Fourth Of July
- Fireworks Minibook: We Love the USA! Add-On -Free project pack to make a dazzling paper firework, complete with a fun descriptive poem. Grades PreK-4.
- Connect The Thoughts Your Weekly Journal: June 28-July 4 -A FREE week’s worth of fun for students ages 9-adult. Each day the student learns about interesting things that are happening on that day, or that have happened on that day in history. This offer has expired.
- Independence Day Web Hunt -A lesson plan to show students how and why we celebrate Independence Day -the history of Independence Day and how different people celebrate Independence Day in the United States. Grades 2-4
- Fourth of July Activity Fun eWorksheets Set 1 and Set 2 -24 pages of coloring and puzzle fun from SchoolExpress.
- 4th of July Activities and Games for Kids -Independence Day themed coloring pages, puzzle pages, worksheets, online jigsaw puzzles, crafts, recipes, poems and more.
- 4th of July Worksheets -4 patriotic themed worksheets for PreK-2 grade include writing practice, patterns activity, magic squares and a scissors skills activity.
- The 4th of July Printables -PreK printables pack includes 26 worksheets and activity pages
- The American Revolution and It’s Era -Library of Congress collection of 1750-1789 maps and charts of North America, Fort William Henry, the Virginia Colony and the eastern coast of North America
- Women of the Revolutionary War -brief information about women in the War of Independence, the roles they played, vocabulary lists and activities, for grades 5-8.
Happy Independence Day,
Related Posts:educational freebies tag archive and my Free Homeschooling page.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.