You don’t have to spend a lot of money to make Dad happy on Father’s Day. Give Dad a gift from the heart -make him something or do something for him!
Here are 11 frugal gift ideas that will make Father’s Day special for your Dad:
1. There’s an old saying, “The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.” -so why not cook something special for Dad? Make his favorite dish, a special dessert or even breakfast in bed.
2. Make a personalized BBQ apron. Pick up a plain canvas apron at Hobby Lobby (or another craft store) and decorate with fabric paint -children can add their handprints and a personal message such as “#1 Dad”. This idea can also be used with plain T-shirts or BBQ mitts.
3. Create a themed gift basket. Does Dad like to fish? Fill up a pail or fishing hat with hooks, sinkers, lures, bobbers and fishing line. Is Dad a carpenter? You could fill a nail apron with a new tape measure, carpenter’s pencils, chalk and a small tool or two -perhaps a chisel or hammer. For more gift basket ideas, check out 15 Creative Gift Basket Ideas For Men.
4. Give Dad a framed family photograph in a homemade picture frame.
5. Make him a photo album, scrapbook or collage.
6. Clean Dad’s car or truck.
7. Compose a poem or write Dad a letter telling him how much he means to you.
8. Create a CD of his favorite music or some old radio shows. The Internet Archive’s Old Time Radio section has a ton of old adventure series, mysteries, westerns and more -all of which can be downloaded for free.
9. Does Dad like to read? Homemade, laminated bookmarks would make a nice gift.
10. Clean out the garage or shed.
11. Make Dad a homemade card and fill it with some love coupons full of thoughtful things you can do for him (like some of the to-do ideas above). Don’t have time to make your own love coupons? Check out the Father’s Day Love Coupons on my Free Printables page.
A couple more Father’s Day posts you might be interested in: