We got our cookies made for the bake sale tomorrow.
We made four batches of what Lacy calls Cow Patties (Chocolate No-Bake Cookies) –of course one of those batches is for us!
Here’s my recipe –adapted from my momma’s:
Cow Patties ( Chocolate No-Bake Cookies)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 Tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick butter, softened (real butter)
- 1/2 cup milk (whole milk)
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (the real stuff)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (JIF)
- 2 1/3 cups old-fashioned oats (you can use quick oats, but the texture comes out different)
Mix the sugar, cocoa and salt in a 2 quart saucepan. Stir in butter and milk. Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and peanut butter till blended, stir in oats. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper, let cool to harden. Eat.