Free Home Remedies E-books
Coughs, Earaches & Sore Throats: Natural Remedies that Work! -simple natural home remedies for three of the most common childhood complaints, free from Homeschool Freebie of the Day, today only. This offer has expired.
Mother’s Remedies: Over One Thousand Tried and Tested Remedies from Mothers of the United States and Canada -downloadable e-book, originally published in 1910. From ManyBooks.net.
Websites About Home Remedies and Folk Medicine
Home Remedies In The News
Some Of Our Old Family Remedies
My grandfather used whiskey on on our gums when we were teething as babies.
I can remember my momma giving us lemon and honey tea for sore throats and we had a black salve for drawing out splinters.
My momma-in-law used catnip tea to calm babies, mullein tea for coughs and kerosene to repel chiggers.
My husband pours kerosene on wounds (ouch!).
Some Home Remedies I Use
- vinegar on burns (not broken skin) and athletes foot
- aloe vera for burns
- garlic/mullein oil for clogged ears, earaches, ear infections
- an eyewash of eyebright or goldenseal tea for styes, pinkeye
- mullein for coughs/bronchitis
- homemade chicken soup with lots of onion, garlic, sage and thyme, for colds
- honey for: sore throats, coughs, infected cuts and scrapes
- witch hazel for skin conditions/to reduce swelling and redness (excellent for your face)
- comfrey (as a poultice or salve) for cuts/bruises/broken bones/skin cancer
- wild violet leaves (poultice) for skin conditions
- sage/thyme/mullein/chamomile/peppermint/lemon balm/ginger/garlic/cayenne tea for colds and the flu (some or all)
- ginger for upset stomach
- licorice root for stomach upset/ulcers
- cayenne/garlic for sinus problems
- jewelweed (wild touch-me-not) for poison ivy (washing immediately in COLD spring water also works)
- moistened tobacco or baking soda paste on insect bites and stings
- salt pork or bacon fat to draw out splinters
- onion poultice for boils
- mountain mint/mosquito plant to repel bugs (rubbed on skin and clothes)
- tea tree oil for shingles, acne
Please note: I am not a doctor and this is not intended to be medical advice.Have a lovely day,